Popular Posts from Natural Moms Talk Radio
- Breastfeeding and yeast infection – this is a huge and underdiagnosed cause of breastfeeding pain. Here’s what to do about it.
- .25 Day at the Thrift Store – Thrift store shopping tips for the uninitiated and even old pros.
- Lowering your Grocery Budget while still eating a whole foods diet
- Nutrition – Are we too picky or am I just confused? My nutrition philosophy – or unphilosophy
- I’m for Breastfeeding not Nitpicking – can’t we bf advocates all just get along?
- You can keep your Bad Mastitis Advice – Doctors who are still ignorant about lactation
- Money and the Natural Mom – working from home and money issues for mom
- How to be an earthy beauty – it involves never, ever wearing Birkies, among other things
- What is your child’s learning style, and how to use this information to make it more fun
Monthly Archives: January 2007
At around 7 pm Tuesday night Sadie whined and pointed towards the bed, and I lay down with her and nursed, and she’s been fine since! I’m so glad it’s over, of course, I had a seriously bad case of … Continue reading
Sadie is feeling much better today thank goodness, her fever is gone and she’s running around as usual. I finally got her to nurse right before she fell asleep last night, at around 7 or so. And she did nurse … Continue reading
It took me several hours to realize what was happening, but now I realize that I am in the midst of a full fledged nursing strike. This is my 4th child, almost 9 years of breastfeeding without a break, and I’ve … Continue reading
This week Kara Spencer, LMT, CD of MaiaHealingArts, joins us to talk about Birth Ecology – how our birth and parenting choices impact our earth and our future. Download mp3 HERE
How Breastfeeding Benefits a Daddy You know that breastfeeding is best for mother and child, but what’s in it for Dad? Isn’t he going to miss out by not getting to share in the joy of feeding the baby? Let’s … Continue reading
I found this interesting article touting the benefits of old fashioned toys. A couple of quotes: ” … I would suggest that parents delay kids’ exposure to these (high-tech) toys as long as possible,” Diane Levin, a Wheelock College child-development … Continue reading
Every few years we find out another of the benefits to a Mother’s health from breastfeeding. Here’s a recent one: Breastfeeding Mothers have less Rheumatoid Arthritis Quote: Looking at total lifetime breastfeeding, regardless of number of children, women who had … Continue reading
This week Iria Nishimura of Baby Cubes & More joins us to share the importance of optimal infant nutrition and her 100% certified organic baby food. Download mp3 link here.
Hey Moms, What’s the internet for if not to help our fellow Moms? A subscriber wrote to me and while I have to run out the door to take the kids off for a fun outing, she gave me permission … Continue reading