Popular Posts from Natural Moms Talk Radio
- Breastfeeding and yeast infection – this is a huge and underdiagnosed cause of breastfeeding pain. Here’s what to do about it.
- .25 Day at the Thrift Store – Thrift store shopping tips for the uninitiated and even old pros.
- Lowering your Grocery Budget while still eating a whole foods diet
- Nutrition – Are we too picky or am I just confused? My nutrition philosophy – or unphilosophy
- I’m for Breastfeeding not Nitpicking – can’t we bf advocates all just get along?
- You can keep your Bad Mastitis Advice – Doctors who are still ignorant about lactation
- Money and the Natural Mom – working from home and money issues for mom
- How to be an earthy beauty – it involves never, ever wearing Birkies, among other things
- What is your child’s learning style, and how to use this information to make it more fun
Monthly Archives: June 2007
Do you drink kefir? I discovered kefir when I was babysitting as a young girl for a family of Finns who always stocked it in their fridge. I thought it was the most delicious stuff! I never could find it … Continue reading
This week special guest Peggy O’Mara, author of 4 books on natural family living, joins us. Peggy is the owner and editor of Mothering magazine. You can subscribe to Mothering magazine by clicking here. Download mp3 link or read the … Continue reading
Searching out local “u pick” farms is another way to eat more local and organic produce without blowing your grocery budget. Not all of them are organic farms, be sure to ask… but even if they aren’t, eating local (even … Continue reading
I got permission from Mark Brandenburg to reprint this article here. If you have a Dad in your life who has a problem with anger, maybe you can forward it to him. “Get up to your room!” Frank shouted at … Continue reading
This week special guest Jan Hunt, author of Parenting From The Heart joins us. Jan is a parenting counselor and director of the Natural Child Project. Download mp3 link HERE. Or read the transcript below. Carrie: You’re back with Carrie … Continue reading
I’ve been interested in this issue for some time. Do HIV positive Moms harm or help their children by breastfeeding? Marian Thompson, one of the cofounders of La Leche League International, founded Another Look to take … well, another look … Continue reading
This week I’m so thankful that I can stay home and earn money while I raise my babies. I’m thankful that my car runs. I’m thankful for the free Starbucks coffee at Barnes and Noble’s Entrepreneur Breakfast this morning. I’m thankful … Continue reading
Interesting thing I came across: Gill Rapley, deputy director of Unicef’s UK Baby Friendly Initiative said feeding babies pureed baby foods could cause health problems later in life. She has spent 25 years as a health advisor there and is … Continue reading
A previous guest on Natural Moms Talk Radio, Marcie Macari is hosting a live chat sponsored by Mothering.com tomorrow, June 20th at 9PM EST. She wanted to invite YOU, as a friend of NMTR, to participate in the discussion on Birth as a … Continue reading