Ok, I’m confused.
Nell at CasualFridayEveryday tagged me with this meme. But since she was combining both a “6 Random Things” AND a “7 Interesting Facts” meme, I’m totally confused as to which one to do.
It’s late, I’m tired and hungry too.
Here’s an idea.
Since it’s World Breastfeeding Week, I’ll do THAT as a theme!
Ok. Here are 6 (or maybe 7) Random and (hopefully) Interesting Things About Breastfeeding. And Me.
- I was Wet Nursed. Also called Cross Nursed. Here’s the story.When I was only 5 days old, my mom had to go back to the hospital. She was having chest pains, and the Doctor was afraid she might have a blood clot that had moved to her heart, so she had to stay overnight in the hospital for observation.
Thing is, she was determined that I was not to have f*rmula, so she called up the local La Leche League group and several ladies sent over bottles of breastmilk.Which I resolutely refused. (Cause, like, I wasn’t going to take a poor imitation of the real thing! At 5 days I had distinguished tastes already!)
So, fortunately, my mom’s close friend (and the mom of my future childhood friend) was lactating, so she came over and nursed me. And I accepted this arrangement.
Of course, when she went home, I wouldn’t take a bottle, and my Dad said I slept all night on his chest sucking on his little pinky finger. Which is incredibly sweet and sad all at the same time! I think we have a special bond to this day because of going through that together.
- I was a La Leche League leader for 6 years. Hmm… wonder if there’s a connection?
- The left is bigger, produces more and was everyone’s favorite. TMI?
- The above phenomenon is actually quite common. On all 3 counts. It’s probably because the left one is closer to the heart (hence the heartbeat) and consequently has richer/more abundant milk.
- The hardest thing I ever had to do as a LLLL was to NOT tell a mom what I really thought when she asked for advice on what to do with her 3 week old infant while she took a vacation with her husband. Away from baby.
- 4 1/2, 4 1/2, 5 and don’t know yet. You figure it out.