Popular Posts from Natural Moms Talk Radio
- Breastfeeding and yeast infection – a huge, underdiagnosed cause of breastfeeding pain and what to do about it.
- Homemade Lacto-Fermented Salsa Recipe - the healthiest probiotic rich food you've never tasted
- Lowering your Grocery Budget while still eating a whole foods diet
- Post-Ovulation Depression - My experience
- Nutrition – Are we too picky or am I just confused? My nutrition philosophy – or unphilosophy
- What the Happiest Moms Do Before Breakfast - how to find time for those important-but-not-urgent things that make you a better person
- The Bean Cure for Pregnancy Nausea - does eating beans help morning sickness?
- A Modified Juice Fast While Breastfeeding - Juice fasts are wildly popular, are they safe for nursing moms?
- Natural Hair Care Treatments - Frugal recipes for beautiful hair
- Our Whooping Cough Story - my family, all 9 of us, came down with Pertussis in the spring of 2013. Here's how we handled it.
- Dirty Little Secrets of Homemade Natural Cleaners- does making your own cleaners really save money or make you happy?
Category Archives: Homeschool
I feel that tiny bit of fall crispness in the air. Have you noticed it? The stores are advertising their back to school sales. And I’m feeling just a twinge of panic. This homeschool year is going to be challenging, … Continue reading
Part one was about teaching kids personal finance. Today I want to talk about encouraging kids to become entrepreneurs. Hubby and I are both self-employed and have been for many years. I think I got the entrepreneurial bug from my … Continue reading
There are so many things I want to teach my kids while they’re still with me. One of these values is personal finance and entrepreneurship. Why? Because if you mess up with money, you mess up your entire life. Conversely, … Continue reading
10 Things I’ve Learned In 10 Years of Homeschooling Part 1 is here. 6) Decide On A Philosophy of Education It’s worth spending some time on this and even writing some things down before you begin homeschooling. What does education … Continue reading
I used Grammarly to grammar check this post, because I’m not smarter than a 5th grader. It occurred to me the other day that it’s been 10 years since I began homeschooling. My oldest son is 15. Since he’s been … Continue reading
Last week the kids and I went to our first Scholastic Warehouse Book Sale. Different from the book fairs in school, this one is a huge warehouse clearance. I didn’t quite know what to expect, but now that we’ve experienced … Continue reading
Today is our first day of homeschooling summer break. Last night we had celebratory ice cream. This morning, oldest made celebratory blackberry pancakes from the berries that grow wild in our yard. And I went to my favorite thrift store’s … Continue reading
The student is fine. It’s mom that’s having panic attacks. Caleb has done very well this year, but for some reason I’m having major anxiety about the rest of his high school years. There are a few things I know … Continue reading
5 months ago Caleb decided that he was tired of just earning an (admittedly generous!) allowance. He had a goal of earning $450 to get a vintage guitar repaired, and needed to earn funds, fast. I set about brainstorming and … Continue reading