I have a cool new giveaway this week!
World Breastfeeding Week is officially over, but nursing moms everywhere could still benefit from this neat breastfeeding item.
Undercover Mama is a unique strapless undershirt that attaches to your nursing bra. This makes it easy for you to breastfeed without showing your stomach or side.
As you can see in the first pic below, it attaches to any nursing bra (there is a “hook” style and a “loop” style attachment available, the hook is shown below).
When it’s time to feed the baby, it opens with the flap of your nursing bra. The rest of the shirt stays down against your belly and sides. So, you can wear any shirt you want and still be able to nurse comfortably.
- “Like” Natural Moms Talk Radio on Facebook! (If you’ve already done so, just do #2 and let me know.)
- Leave a comment below telling me that you did so.
The contest will run for one week, until Thursday, August 18 at Noon Eastern time. The winner will be notified at that time.
Here are some of my favorite tips for nursing in public.
- Nurse at the first signs of hunger. A nursing baby generally draws less attention than a screaming one! So latch your baby on as soon as you notice that s/he is hungry…rooting, sucking on fist, grimacing face, etc. A crying baby also makes you nervous and you and baby may take longer to get latched on comfortably.
- Bring a book or large purse to set in your lap for camouflage. Your diaper bag would also work. Set it in front of baby on your knees while you latch baby on. Or hold a book so that your baby’s head and your breast are out of view.
- Practice latching your baby on quickly and discreetly in front of a mirror at home, so that you know how to do it without anyone really noticing when you’re out and about.