Going on the Fourth!

January 22, 2008

Well I have not been around much here at the blog lately, due to the fact that I have been feeling a little under the weather since December. The feeling of lows and highs continued on until i missed my period and went out and got a home pregnancy test and found out i was pregnant. All I did was ask God why me although i know it has nothing to with him, but completely all me.

I told my husband and he has been ecstatic about it and more excited then i am. You might be asking why I was so down about it, Well i have three boys now and want a little girl and i do not think i will have one. But who knows maybe i will get blessed with a little girl finally. I am excited about the baby just not as i was with the first the three. All my boys are seven, two and 1 year old so i more than have my hands full, so thank God I am able to be a stay at home mom. I just wish i was excited about this one as i was with the others.

Tell me your thoughts, do you think I am wrong for not being overjoyed right away, or is this normal behavior for and over experienced mom?

Visit Here!

Comments

10 Responses to “Going on the Fourth!”

1. Nell Taliercio on January 22nd, 2008 7:34 pm

I don’t think you’re wrong for not being overjoyed about this surprise little one. You’ve got three kiddos already and two are quite young. I’m sure it’s overwhelming to even think of the fourth one. Maybe God will bless you with a little girl this time…you never know.

2. carrie on January 22nd, 2008 7:38 pm

Oh Elizabeth I was thinking about you last night and thought to myself that I needed to email you and see how you were.

Congratulations! Even though we know children are a blessing from the Lord, it’s still not easy if a new pregnancy isn’t planned. We take that responsibility to seriously so sometimes it weighs heavily. I know how that feels… although my situation was very different from yours … it’s a blessing that your husband is supportive. :) His excitement will rub off.

You’ll eventually feel excited but it may take some time. :) Don’t feel guilty about it

And you’ll be fine… you can do so much more than you think. One more won’t add much to your plate, honest!

3. Tiffany on January 22nd, 2008 10:34 pm

Congrats! I was reading via a feedreader and the name was teeny so I thought Carrie was annoucing a pregnancy. LOL.

I know what you mean about the unplanned aspect. When I found out I was preggo with my third I felt like I had been kicked in the gut and my hubby felt the same. But within a month or two I was ecstatic and now of course (when I can’t have more but always planned too) I feel like the luckiest person on earth to be Parker’s mom.

4. Arika on January 23rd, 2008 1:57 am

I too thought it was Carrie until I read how many children Elizabeth had…lol I thought Carrie had 4! ;)

Congrats Elizabeth and no you aren’t wrong about not being overjoyed right now. It’s just like those mother’s who don’t feel instant love the minute their child is born, it’s ok and there’s nothing wrong with it. The happiness and love will come before you know it and you’ll be feeling the excitement of having another baby.

5. Crystal on January 23rd, 2008 1:58 am

I felt that way when I got pregnant with number three. We had one boy and one girl,ages 4 and 2, and I was supposed to be going to college that fall. Now, that baby is 4 and my life has taken a totally different path then I thought it would. I guess God had a plan, even though I couldn’t see it:) Congrats!

6. chele on January 23rd, 2008 2:01 am

Awww… congratulations! I know how you feel. I have three boys. It’s rough getting your hopes up each time and after accepting the fact that it wasn’t meant to be again – only to get another chance!

And, I wasn’t all that thrilled during my third pregnancy. It never really bonded during pregnancy with the youngest like I did the first two, but the first time I held him and looked in his eyes… well, you know! =)

7. Wendy on January 23rd, 2008 6:42 am

I’d say it’s perfectly normal to feel that way when you weren’t expecting to get pregnant, so don’t beat yourself up over it! I got pregnant with my fifth when my fourth (my only boy) was six months old, and not exactly thrilled about it at first, either (though my husband was ecstatic, just like yours). I’ll be honest, it’s still overwhelming at times to have such youngs ones close together, but there’s a lot of happiness to balance out those times, so don’t worry, it’ll work out. Best wishes to you and your family.

8. carrie on January 23rd, 2008 3:20 pm

Arika I do already have 4, but is that what you meant?

You girls are so funny for thinking it was me. That would be some kind of immaculate conception ladies. LOL!

9. Elizabeth on January 23rd, 2008 3:52 pm

Wow thank you everyone for all your support it really has made me feel better, especially coming from you Carrie. You and I have alot in common so I know that If you can do it so can I. Thank you all so much.

10. Arika on January 24th, 2008 1:08 pm

Carrie – yes that’s what I meant. You ALREADY had 4. And yeah, I wondered about the how too if it was you. ;)