Vitamin D is critical for health.
Vitamin D promotes your immune system, and your body needs vitamin D in ample quantities to provide protection against microbial invaders like bacteria and viruses (including the H1N1 ‘swine flu’ virus).
Are you a good host (to disease), or a bad one?
Recent studies show that as many as 87% of adults are vitamin D deficient by late winter, and 61% remain deficient even during summer months.
My guest this week is Steven V. Joyal, MD, Vice President of Scientific Affairs at the Life Extension Foundation
Did you know these facts about Vitamin D?
- It benefits cardiovascular function
- Women with higher blood levels of Vitamin D have reduced breast cancer.
- Vitamin D also helps prostate issues
- Vitamin D is not a vitamin! (explained in the interview)
- Current levels of supplementation frequently recommended (such as the RDA) are inadequate – listen to find out what is the proper dose.
- 30 minutes of sun exposure at noon = 10,000 i.u. Vitamin D.
- Learn about a safe and healthy level of sun exposure.
Carrie’s favorite source of Vitamin D: Nordic Naturals – Lemon Flavored Arctic-D Cod Liver Oil