For those of you who are newer to this blog, I put a few old posts on this space occasionally. It’s fun for me to see how my writing and my thoughts have evolved, too.
Another interesting thing is that I notice patterns with myself and my children.
For instance, reading posts from two years ago when my 3 year old was a toddler show me that she wasn’t sleeping well then, just as she’s not sleeping well now.
By contrast, my current 1 year old sleeps beautifully! (It’s temperament, not parenting.)
So I do these throwback posts as much for myself as for anyone else. I do hope you enjoy reading them however.
1 Year Ago:
- It Could Have Been Much Worse – a scary but normal illness landed me and my tiny newborn in the hospital for three days
- 3 New Ways to Use a Maternity Belly Band - those ubiquitous pregnancy accessories have other uses
2 Years Ago:
- Why I Love Toddlers - 3 year olds are a different animal. But toddlers? Fun city.
- Post-Ovulation Depression – I shared my feelings on this phenomenon and found it was more common than Dr. Google let on
- Morning Routine – on creating a morning routine that nourishes oneself
- Letting Go of Should In Our Homeschool – it started with selling those “What Your ___ Should Know” books
5 Years Ago:
- My 100th Episode of the Natural Moms Talk Radio Podcast – An interview with Donna Bateman about your child’s brain development. You can read the transcript here.
- Preparing Your Older Child for the New Baby - How to prevent feelings of anger and resentment from your toddler towards the newborn
- Challenges of Being a New Mom – my best tips for preventing depression and caring for yourself and your new baby
- No Spend Month – I shared the results of a no-spend month challenge
6 Years Ago:
- Safe Co-Sleeping is Safe – What’s really going on when babies die in their parent’s bed