She’s Just Not That Into Me

Did you ever have a mommy friend, and you weren’t real sure where you stood?

She doesn’t call.

She doesn’t write.

When you get together, you have a great time and she seems into you.

When you call, she sounds happy to hear from you.

At the end of the playDATE, she hugs you.

Still, she never calls. It’s always you making the effort to get together.

No lie, I just got off the phone with a mom friend. The conversation went something like this:

Her: “We should really get together. The kids have no school this week and we were thinking about you guys.”

Me: “That sounds great, what day works for you guys?”

Her:

Well we actually have plans today. And tomorrow. And Friday. And Saturday. Can you call me next week for us to do something next weekend?

I. Kid. You. Not.

She’s just not that into me.

With men, I’m Janine.

You know, the “intelligent, lovely, far more than your cheating loser behind ever deserved” kind of gal.

But when it comes to mommy dating, I seem to be Gigi.

Waiting by the phone for your calls.

photo credit http://bigscreenlittlescreen.net/?p=1033

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Misc and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to She’s Just Not That Into Me

1. Karen says:

I don’t understand people, which probably explains why I have few friends. I guess they’re not that into me either.

2. Alyssa says:

I have to be honest. Though I don’t call up my friends and suggest getting together, if they suggest getting together I agree, but I often get so caught up in the”everyday” that I forget about it. And honestly with my 3 kids it is HARD to get together it takes too much effort JUST to get out of the house. I as a result don’t get out much. I know it’s bad but it’s the honest truth.

3. Nanette says:

I can totally relate to this post. I always feel like I’m the one calling and yes, it hurts sometimes.

4. Mom says:

Carrie,
    I have always found, over the course of my life, that there are those that INVITE and there are those that just ACCEPT INVITATIONS. There are those that HAVE PARTIES and those that just GO TO PARTIES. In other words, the INVITORS AND THE INVITEES and THE PARTY GIVERS and THE PARTY GOERS.
    You’re one or the other and no changing it. Just accept it and get out there and have your own parties and invite,invite,invite and gather, gather, gather because the INVITEES and the GOERS are NEVER , EVER going to change.
    This is from my 36 years of party GIVING and iINVITING. You, having been raised in the INVITOR and GIVER side of life, like me, will never understand the OTHER side. I just learned to live with it and go on having my parties and gatherings. I think you are beginning to GET IT. PARTY ON GIRL, DON’T WAIT FOR THE OTHER SIDE! (ain’t gonna happen)

MOM
    The original PARTY GIRL! (used to be LOL)

5. Maureen says:

I have to agree with MOM. The one that gets me is that there are also House Guests and Hosts. I do get tired of being a host. One friend visited me every few months with her son who got up at the crack of dawn and woke everyone up. We’d all be exhausted by the end of their visit. We had no guest room, but she didn’t care she said and would stay on our sofa sleeper, which made it worse because none of us had privacy. Then I mentioned something about being in her city soon and she immediately volunteered that she had no where for us to stay! What! I didn’t even intend to stay with her, I like my privacy, but after how many times she stayed with us to be like that, well it killed our friendship. I did have another “friend” who did what you are talking about. Once I noticed the pattern, I stopped calling her. My time is too precious for a one-way relationship. I ran into her a couple of years later and she was all miffed that I had stopped calling her. But she never called me! I don’t get it! Anyway, if people are rude like that, maybe you should just move on to bigger and better things. Like they say about men, there are more fish in the sea.

6. Yes. This has happened recently to me and a good friend. Well, it isn’t recently, it’s happened a lot in the past, but kicked up again recently. It hurts, but I’m done being the one that often does all the phone calling, emailing, Im’ing and so forth. It’s sad when it happens.

Nell

7. Esper says:

Sometimes I’m not into THEM! And when I don’t call or make plans I’m not sure why they can’t “take a hint” so to speak.

Sometimes I cannot stand moms who just call to BRAG about their kids. I don’t want to hear that so I just don’t answer anymore.

8. I can so relate!

But I learned long ago to not pay attention. I don’t have time to sit and wait for them to call so I give my attention to the friends who do call and who do care. So those friendships get stronger whereas the others just fade away.