Zevia – Sugar Free Soda Sweetened with Stevia

September 14, 2008

After seeing my post about the Stevia Cookbook, the folks from Zevia contacted me and sent a huge box of Zevia all natural soda sweetened with stevia.

zeviaAnd I’m telling you what I thought of it. :)

Zevia comes in 4 flavors and they sent a six pack of each flavor. There was Cola, Orange, Twist (like Sprite or 7Up) and Root Beer.

The ingredients are pretty simple and listed on the website, with an explanation for each, which is pretty cool.

The Twist and Orange flavors are caffeine free, and the other two have a small bit of caffeine.

Zevia has zero calories, is zero on the glycemic index, and has all natural flavors and colors. No sugar, high fructose corn syrup or nasty fake sugars. It’s sweetened with stevia!

I tried all 4 of the flavors and my favorite was Orange. To be blunt, I didn’t care for the others too much, because they tasted a bit like diet soda. I’ve always hated diet soda and never drank it, although I hear the pleasantly bitter flavor grows on you.

I never wanted to get hooked on diet sodas because I think they’re dangerous.

If you like diet soda, you’ll love Zevia.

Drinking it would be an awesome way to wean yourself from diet soda. Stevia is so superior to those nasty artificial sweeteners!

My kids dove into these immediately. They aren’t allowed to have sodas except for a small serving of root beer, once a week on Taco Night, so they were excited to have unlimited access to soda pop! The kids, unlike me, LOVED THE STUFF.

They drank up all 24 of these cans in a matter of days. LOL!

If you want to give Zevia a shot buy it through Amazon here.

I have a coupon for $5 off a case. It is a coupon code that you can use to order online from the Zevia website or 800 number.

To win, just leave a comment and one person will be randomly chosen (I’ll email you the coupon code)

Update 3/14/09 – OFFER EXPIRED.

Comments

12 Responses to “Zevia – Sugar Free Soda Sweetened with Stevia”

1. April on September 14th, 2008 10:07 pm

That’s so cool that they contacted you. I’d heard of this before and had talked about it on Twitter. Somebody said they were going to try it – LaTara maybe? – but I forgot to ask what they thought of it and now I can’t remember who it was. So I’m glad you posted this. I actually like diet soda, I made the switch from regular to diet a long time ago, but now I’m trying to give that up too. I’ll have to give it a try.

2. Amanda Thomas on September 15th, 2008 7:34 pm

I’m so excited, I’m trying to limit the amont of soda we drink, and have narrowed it down to pure cane sugar soda, but stevia is a good alternative as well.

3. Marie on September 15th, 2008 8:25 pm

I don’t really care about soda, but my dh and ds would love something that I didn’t lecture them about. I’d love to give it a try. (My dh might want to add extra stevia to it to make sure it is actually sweet enough, though!)

4. Patrice London on September 18th, 2008 3:44 pm

When I read it here, I called my local healthfood store and they ordered it. We picked it up today (orange flavor only) and everyone really likes it! I’m not big on soda because of the carbonation- it kinda burns my throat, but it reminded me of orange soda that I’d drink as a child. Now my girls want to try the other flavors- well not root beer. :)

5. Josie on December 10th, 2008 9:20 pm

I LOVE ZEVIA and am so glad that they sell it here in my new little hometown in Sandpoint, ID. My husband and I are always looking for healthy alternatives and thats why we now wnjoy zevia. Please send us a coupon so we can stock up!

Gracias!

6. Cindy Fisher on February 24th, 2009 4:03 pm

I am excited to try the new zivia drink but am having trouble finding a local store that sells them. I did find a health food store local that sells them however they sell them per can at $1.39 which is a bit expensive. Please send me a coupon as I am eager to order some to try

7. Hank Earles on March 2nd, 2009 1:59 pm

Hello, i want to get my wife off of the posin that is in the everyday diet drinks, i got her to quit drinking diet mountaindew she would funnell it i started her drinking diet rite zero with splenda and thats no good … please, please, please, send me a coupon are, how i can get one… i would aprecieate it so much…

Hank Earles

8. jada williford on March 7th, 2009 11:58 pm

i just heard about zevia and i would love to try it.

9. Mary McCurdy on March 9th, 2009 12:39 pm

I am trying to kick the diet coke habit. I got hooked cause I don’t like coffee. I would love the $5 off coupon. It sounds like something that would work for me.
    Mary

10. Sharmion Stackpole on March 14th, 2009 3:19 am

Hi, I have been looking for the safest type of sugar substitute. It seems as if Stevia has the best reputation health wise. If it tastes good that is certainly a plus as well LOL. We have twin daughters that just turned 13 on Jan. 27th, 2009. We found out on Jan. 29th, 2009 that they BOTH are “Insulin Resistant” They have been so ill for such a long time. unfortunately, they both have been having hot flashes, nausea, mood swings, and on top of all of this their menstrual cycle only makes it all more intense. The youngest of the two now has her second Acute Urinary Tract Infection not to mention all the flu/ viruses and colds they keep catching. As you know, I am sure, a Mother is supposed to make all the bad stuff better. Kissing the boo boo’s over the years, talking about puberty and just being there to fix things or atleast make things better. Not being able to do what you want in order to make them all better as quickly as possible is so frustrating! I must say they are doing pretty darn good for their age, especially when they are craving CHOCOLATE! LOL poor babes! I bought some cookies with Splenda. They actually liked them which surprised me. They also want soda pop pretty badly. I have bought some diet caffeine free Pepsi but I am not comfortable with them having Aspertame!!!!! So, as you can see my internet search brought me here to you. I would truly Love to try some of this soda for our girls! They would be so very excited! They have had to give up so many of the things they Love to eat and drink. Actually, we are working on trying some new vegetables and it is not going over so well lol. That soda would be a wonderful bribe hehehe. I hate to beg but I am asking Please allow us the chance to purchase the soda with the discount. We have another son in College who will be 21 in April and another Daughter who turned 18 in Nov and she is a Senior in High School. As you can see we have a lot of money going out to help our chldren. Therefore, we are having a hard timemaking it with the economy like it is today. I/We would truly appreciate your help and kindness!
    While I am at it and others will be reading your site I am going to ask you and all of your dedicated readers to go check out the site where I/We have our story posted on the National Necrotizing Fasciitis web site commonly known as “The Flesh Eating Bacteria.” This is a horrid Bacteria that can attack and even kill young and old alike. We lost our Beautiful Baby Brendan (Dec.13-Dec.18th, 2004). The worst pain ever!!!!! I nearly died as well. Thank GOD I am still here for our other children! We need to educate more and more people about NF so we can save more lives! If you go to nnff.org and go to the Survivor’s Page, Scroll down the page to my name Sharmion Stackpole and you can read our story. Please take the time to check out other stories as well. There is also a Dedication Page for those unfortunate people who did not make it through their bouts with NF.
    Thank You So Very Much! GOD BLESS!
    Sincerely,
    Sharmion and Family

11. Carrie on March 14th, 2009 6:47 am

Note: This offer has expired – thanks for your interest everyone. This post seems to be still attracting visitors and it was posted in September of 08. Perhaps if you do a Google search you can locate more coupons?

Thanks :)

12. Ronald Price on March 23rd, 2009 3:52 pm

I’ve just been introduced to Stevia and have been searching for Zevia. Read all the notes on this site and I’m interested in the coupon. I live in Maryland and can’t find anyone who sells it. I guess I’ll have to purchase it on line. Can you also provide guidance? I’m also trying to find Clemmy’s ice cream, any info there?

Thanking you in advance,